Green-Lipped Mussels For Dogs
Are you looking for a supplement to help ease the joint pain that your dog might be experiencing? Green-lipped mussels are a must-have ingredient in any dog supplement you choose. At Barx Nutrition, our premium Hip & Joint Care tablets for dogs contain this potent ingredient that comes with many benefits for improving dog’s joint health. Read on to find out more.
What are Green-Lipped Mussels?
The green-lipped mussel is a shellfish native to New Zealand and is named for its green edges. Due to the potential medicinal properties of green-lipped mussels, they are increasingly used as supplements for dogs and pets. In addition, they contain an array of anti-inflammatory compounds that can help treat inflammatory conditions in dogs, including arthritis and joint pain.
What do Green-Lipped Mussels contain?
Many people know fish oil is a great supplement because of the Omega 3 it contains, but green-lipped mussels, a potent ingredient, deliver an even stronger punch. They contain:
- Omega 3: Aided by compounds that combat pain and inflammation in joints.
- Glucosamine: It can be found naturally in dogs’ bodies, but senior dogs may need a boost as production slows with age.
- Glycosaminoglycans: For example, chondroitin
- Polysulfated glycosaminoglycans (PSGAGs): These are essential for building cartilage and joint fluids.
- Other vitamins and minerals.
Benefits of Green-Lipped Mussels for Dogs
- Improved joint metabolism: By combining green-lipped mussels with zinc, magnesium, glucosamine, and chondroitin, these ingredients can bolster the metabolism of joints and make them work better and longer.
- Reduced inflammation and associated symptoms: Researchers have identified fatty acids from green-lipped mussels, which possess anti-inflammatory effects and can inhibit proteins and enzymes that produce pain and inflammation in dogs.
- Improved joint support: Green-lipped mussels for dogs help protect and lubricate their cartilage and reduce pain in joints. In addition, the ingredient promotes the growth of healthy connective tissues because it contains chondroitin sulfate.
The best part is that green-lipped mussels for dogs can be consumed easily as a supplement. These chewable, chicken-flavored tablets are more enticing to dogs, and are trusted by many dog owners nationwide.
Are Green-Lipped Mussels for Dogs Effective?
In some studies, dogs were given a diet that was enriched with green-lipped mussels. These pets were osteoarthritic dogs and were consistently fed a GLM-enriched balanced diet. The good news is that pet owners and veterinarians started to see improvements in mobility, e.g., their dogs could climb stairs again, perform the zoomies, chase balls, enjoy interacting with other dogs, and more. It usually took between four and six weeks for researchers to see a positive difference.
Relieve Your Dog’s Joint Pain with Barx Nutrition's All-Natural Hip & Joint Care Supplements
At Barx Nutrition, our premium hip and joint care products for dogs are made with all-natural ingredients, including green-lipped mussels, organic turmeric root, and TendoGuard™ (it is a clinically tested proprietary collagen blend that contains collagen types 1, 2, 5, 10, Hyaluronic Acid, Chondroitin Sulfate and Mucopolysaccarides). Pet owners will be pleased to know that GLM is 100 times more potent than fish oil and the clinical test results of our TendoGuard™ Collagen Blend proved our dog supplement's ability to restore range of motion by 74.7%, increase flexibility by 45.5%, and reduce general pain by over 84%.
If you have any questions about green-lipped mussels for dogs or want to request a copy of our supplement’s test report, feel free to contact us today.